Monday 21 October 2013

October Birchbox



Hi Guys!

There is one package I cannot wait to receive each month and that is the Birchbox to see what goodies I have to test that month.  As I like to try so many products this is a great and inexpensive way to add new products to your collection and to see what suits and what doesn't.  I haven't yet been disappointed with my monthly box and to no surprise October's box was just as good as the rest.

This month the products I received were all completely new to me and brands that I would definitely be trying again.

KMS Silk Sheen Styling Crème £10.60 Here

This product was easy to use on wet hair and kept my hair free from frizz and generally kept my hair looking sleek even when on a night out.  I will be buying this product again and will be trying their shampoo and conditioner for extra frizz control.  Also at 50ml this was a good sized sample and great for traveling.

Akane Mask Cocoon Nocturne £18 Here

This mask smelt like summer it was such a refreshing apple scent.  The texture is a gel which was quickly soaked into my skin and left my face feeling super soft all day.  Is recommended for flights to rehydrate.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser £33 Here

I'm not usually a massive fan of tinted moisturisers as I feel they don't give me enough coverage for everyday use.  Although this one has really changed my views on them and although this seems pricey it lasts all day and is by far one of the best tinted moisturisers I have tried.

Thebalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen £10 Here

I was excited to try this as I have just finished my Benefit Benetint and was looking to try something new and a little more affordable.  This gave a great colour on my cheeks that lasted all day and also when used as a lip stain was a lovely red but natural tint.  I have already purchased this and am intrigued by this brand.

Egyptian Magic £24.50 Here

This reminded me of the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream.  It literally does everything.  From moisturising skin and hair to healing skin.  When rubbed into hands it turns into an oil but isn't greasy on the skin.  This is a great product but was disappointed with the size of samples in the box.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips £11.50 Here

Yes you read that correctly.  It is nipple balm for lips.  This gave me such an immature giggle when I first tested it.  This was originally used as a nipple balm for nursing mothers and is now used as a lip balm.  I wasn't sure how good this would be but after using it for just a day I felt the difference and am already looking into purchasing this.  It is a must for every girls handbag to keep those lips (or nipples) moisturised in the winter.

What did you get in your Birchbox and can you recommend any other beauty boxes?

G xx

No comments:

Post a Comment